Padrão dos descobrimentos
The Monument to the Discoveries (or Monument to the Discoveries; or Monument to the Navigators) is located in the parish of Belém, in the city and District of Lisbon, in Portugal. The architectural design is by Cottinelli Telmo and the sculptures are by Leopoldo de Almeida.
In a prominent position on the right bank of the Tagus River, the original monument, in perishable materials, was erected in 1940 at the Portuguese World Exhibition to pay homage to the historical figures involved in the Portuguese Discoveries. The current replica, in concrete and stone, is later, having been inaugurated in 1960.